05 March 2009

It's a squash.

Oh my word, I wasn't sure I would live to see 29 weeks my friends (& family). Yesterday I was minding my own business eating the fruit salad I always get for lunch when nothing sounds good to me. Then I noticed a little red blotch on my wrist. What the hell? Oh yeah, it spread - my stomach and thighs were bright red and blotchy and started to itch like wildfire. So I went to the pharmacist and they gave me some cream. It helped, itchiness went away & the red went down but then a couple of hours later it flared into major drama - all over my body and itching insanely. I went to an after hours clinic, they said keep using the cream, don't use antihistamine if you can avoid it (apparently there's only one kind pregnant ladies can use and doctors still don't like that). So soothing bath and dousing myself in slime is all I can do. Today is much better so allergy must be working its weasly way out of my system - still itchy in spots but it's about time to go put more cream on so hopefully it will subside. Have my next doctor catchup on Tuesday hope all is well.

Your baby now weighs around 1.1 kilograms and measures about 38 centimetres from head to toe. In boys, testicles descend from near the kidneys through the groin en route to the scrotum. In girls, the clitoris is relatively prominent because it's not yet covered by the still-small labia. These will grow to cover it in the last few weeks before birth. Your baby's head is getting bigger, and brain growth is very rapid at this time. Nearly all babies react to sound by 30 weeks. Your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during the third trimester. You'll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, iron, and calcium (about 200 milligrams is deposited in your baby's skeleton every day), so eat foods rich in these nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment