17 February 2009

Nobody knows the sorrow I've seen

Yes, I've disappeared. Finally got too lazy to write - that's right, I admit it. Work has been getting busier & busier so I just kind of melt when I get home, eat, then sleep. On a constant cycle.

Baby is apparently the size of an eggplant and that makes me mad because it makes me think of eggplant parmigiana from Olive Garden and I can't have any. Go eat some for me ... but don't tell me about it or I'll cry.

I may have the single most active son known to women's wombs worldwide. He doesn't stop moving. We went to a taping of So You Think You Can Dance (we rep one of the judges) and once that loud music starting going so did the little one - I do believe he may enjoy dancing as much as his mother. Too bad it feels like he picked up my rhythm as well. Oh well.

The boy has also discovered my ribs recently. And I don't know which one of you jerks gave my little jailbird one of those tin cups like the old prison movies but he just seems to clang around up there all day. And because he spends so much time moving up, the heartburn and indigestion is a joke. I eat Tums like candy and it barely takes the edge off. Still, the scheme of things, I'm having a very easy pregnancy.

Except for last night when I had another vomiting, etc. spell. Felt it coming on throughout the evening (it's a very specific feeling that builds right in the center of my stomach and I know exactly what I'm in for). I tried to fight it off with Tums and Immodium but that just seemed to anger it so I was nauseated and crampy (not baby problem cramps, just nausea cramps) ALL night, then finally puked it all out about 5 this morning. So I got a grand total of 2 hours sleep. I was already scheduled for a regular doctor's appointment for this morning at 9.30am but then they called at 8.50am to cancel because the doctor has changed his days and they forgot to tell his patients. So I went to the wise counsel of the midwives instead and they sorted me out. Bedrest today, which pisses me off because I have a lot of work to do and it's just going to wait for me - the thought of my emails building up makes me want to scream but that probably will go against the whole concept of relaxing on bedrest.

Eating crackers now and am contemplating whether to make a run to the library before I hop into bed. I need a good book to distract my little brain. Or maybe I'll just poke at my stomach to see if I can find the magic combination to get the boy wonder out of my ribcage - he's clonking around there as we speak.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment