15 January 2009

you take the good, you take the bad

My, it's been a very busy baby week. We'll start with the good news today - we felt the baby kick!!! Like from the outside. I was taking a bath and had my feet kicked up and my hands folded on my stomach when someone kicked my hands very boldly. I squawked for Marcel who came running and he got to feel kick number two a few seconds later. Pretty awesome & pretty strong for such a little guy. Marcel pointed out that he may have not appreciated being boiled in a vat of liquid lava but the bath was really not so hot, just warm. In any case I got out just in case I was overheating the young sire.

In bad news, the cankles are here to stay. They started at 11am today and even my 2 1/2 litres of water didn't touch them. I now have a large plastic box under my desk to hoist my feet up all day so it feels better and I think they've gone away then I look down and the puffiness is still there. Honestly it looks like someone took two rectangles of pasty coloured molding clay and just bent the bottom for feet. Who knew I'd miss ankles so much? I was going to take a picture so you could laugh but it's just not funny - it's soul-crushingly sad.

Okay, I'm off to drink more water to hopefully ward off future swelling, read a chapter of Willy Wonka to my son and keep my hands on my belly for any future kicks, hits or headbutts. Nighty night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment